Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Looking at the red center


I just realized it looks like I haven’t been anywhere in a year. That, fortunately for me, is not true. However, on my last adventure, my travel companion is not as internet/technology happy as me and every time I made a move for my computer I was met with a glare — so much for blogging my adventures down under.

The good news is I had lots of positive experiences on my try to Australia, the bad news, is I haven’t had time to share them … yet.

Hopefully that will change as I work to find the time to fit everything I want to into a currently over packed schedule.

Until then … this is Uluru.

When I first saw it for real, I was in the process of climbing up to a small lookout. When I saw the giant monolith I let out such as gasp that my friend, and a number of people around, thought I had seen/steeped on a snake. They turned to look and was met with my silent, wide-eyed stare, pointing at the gorgeous red rock on the horizon.

No comments: