Saturday, December 15, 2007

My City

A city, is a city, and to me Kampala is New York. Just with more mud. Walking down Kampala road in my work clothes, and heeled shoes, I could be in any western city. There are skyscrapers, banks, and well dressed business men and women.

Sure there are also ridiculous amounts of pollution and garbage piled on the street, but it is my city. I know my way around this place. You need to get somewhere I can show you the best way. When boda drivers take me places, they ask – Do you know here. And I do. And I will direct them the best way to get there to avoid the worst of the jams.

People go out of their way to talk to you, the nightlife is fantastic, the weather is just my temperature, and here, I feel free.

Kampala rocks, pre-CHOGM and post-CHOGM, and I recommended it as a safe and friendly place for anyone to start time in Uganda or Africa.

No comments: