Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Pat Down

I have a new rule; I don’t care how cheap the flight is I am no longer flying through the USA.

Okay, in reality I will likely always pick the cheaper flight, but it makes me so cranky to clear US immigration, customs and security – especially when it is all in my own country. And I am only transferring through the US – I’m not even staying.

I’m sure the security lady could sense that I hadn’t had any tea, or breakfast, that I had been up since 4:30 am and had just walked from the other side of the airport – prime candidate for “additional screening.”

I had my bags hand searched, tested, and I was patted down.

Indeed I was patted down, in full view of everyone – it was like a massage – part of me wanted to scream and the other part of me wanted to hire her full time. Although mostly it made me feel like everyone around me was thinking “what did that girl do.”

I had to take off my shoes (with small heels) to allow the security woman to reach my shoulders. Gotta say, random extra screening does not make me feel any better about security. What was she going to find that all the extra attention from the lady holding the wand missed?

1 comment:

Dez Eridi said...

Angel those guys are still looking for Bin Laden...They might have suspected of him being somewhere in ur bags. Sorry but he is wanted!