Monday, May 12, 2008

EBB to JRO via where?

Today I flew Air Uganda from Entebbe, Uganda, to Arusha, Tanzania – in the least direct way possible. As we were passing Mt. Kilimanjaro the stewardess announced we would be landing in Dar-es-Salaam.

I checked my ticket. It said JRO. JRO was Kilimanjaro right? Why was I flying over the airport to Dar?

I figured maybe she meant JRO and said Dar by accident. She didn’t. We were first flying to Dar, on the coast, then back to Kilimanjaro. It was the long way round. Apparently more cost effective for them, but someone should have mentioned it when I bought the tickets.

I think my heart is beating normally again now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karibu Tanzania!

That is usual. Sometimes the planes even go down on Zanzibar, too (but won't let you out).

If you come round Dar, let me hear from you.
Pernille