Friday, June 27, 2008

Public Health

I am a public health risk.

Last week my doctor had me submit several samples (actually I’ve never seen so many sterile containers in my life – a change from Uganda where they give you a film reel container).

We were going to find out what was wrong with me once and for all!

Results came back – I got my prescription.

Then the phone rang.

Public health was casually calling to asking me about my Campylobacter – you know where I got it, were other people at risk.

Nope, I told him he doesn’t have to worry; the people of Victoria are safe.

But, I understand the concern Campylobacter is supposed to be self limiting (that means goes away on its own). Looks like I’ve had it since January. Apparently eating raw meat in Ethiopia was a VERY bad plan.

Now, I’m on some pretty strong antibiotics for five days, and I’ll be back to normal – whatever THAT is.

1 comment:

Dez Eridi said...

for sure i was worried too