Thursday, July 10, 2008

Life on Vancouver Island

I live on an island. It is a big island by most standards, you can see it clearly on most maps, it takes nearly 10 hours to drive from end to end, and about three to drive across its thickest part.

But, it is an island.

This means aside from swimming there are two ways off.

One is to fly. A better option in my opinion as it takes 24 minutes from take-off to landing, but this is a fairly expensive option.

Option two is the boat. It is advertised as a beautiful two-hour boat trip between the island and the rest of Canada. Usually I would agree but not today. Today it is two hours on an over air-conditioned roller coaster. Seriously, I think I am going to be sick. Pitch and roll is not really how you want to spend two hours.

Charming, I still have to go back.

1 comment:

Dez Eridi said...

Dats if you don't fall sick afterwards! You will be fine angel. Considerable i do fear water, and the longest i have stayed on a boat was only once for 2-3hrs...don't 4get it did even rain in Murchison. You know me with rain!!!