Thursday, July 24, 2008

Readjustment

Readjusting to the developed world is hard.

Currently, I am job hunting and soon it will be apartment hunting. These make up two of my least favourite tasks. But, it’s 100 times harder when I keep thinking about what I left behind.

I get upset when I go out. Not because I am thinking how lucky we are here compared to how unfortunate others are. I don’t feel the urge to lecture everyone I meet (although some people get it). I am sad because all of this is becoming normal again. Too quickly the Ugandan lifestyle is disappearing.
I rarely drive on the wrong side of the world.
I forget how lucky I am to have real cheese, I just think – well of course.
I am getting used to no one staring at me.

Meh, enough of that… this makes the second whining post in a row. I will start being upbeat. In fact I am starting to read another in my African Reading Challenge – We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families. Wait, that’s not upbeat. Alright, after that.

No comments: