Sunday, August 30, 2009

More mosquito complaints...

I’ve got good news and bad news.
The bad news is that the mosquitoes in northern Italy love me as much as the ones in Cuba, Saskatchewan, Uganda and Thailand … which is good news for the mosquitoes.
I currently have six of the ugliest welts/bruises around mosquito bites. The bites are almost a week old – this is beyond ridiculous.
Seriously, who is allergic to mosquito bites? Besides, apparently, me.
I guess the good news for me is, here I don’t have to worry about West Nile or Malaria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I can name one other person and that is Jeremy. In Uganda, he had the welts like you. I remember your bites well. I am sorry you are going through that again but at least you are in the Alps!! Sounds like amazing countryside for sure.

pat said...

my cousin is allergic too. it isn't as unusual as you think. Miss you lots, LOVE YOUR pictures. come home for a long visit sometime!

Pat B.