Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On eating well

Slovenian food is amazing.
Everyone talks about going to Florence and Tuscany seems to be the buzz word in foodie circles these days, but seriously they’ve got nothing on the things my Teta (great aunt) Mira can whip up.
I’ve had fresh strudel with apples, raisins, ground walnuts and almonds and chocolate. There has been peppers stuffed with ground beef, pork and risotto rice, and bathed in rich tomato sauce.
We had a spinach and cheese pastry with hommade goulash.
With every meal is bread with a crusty outside and soft inside and fresh sheep’s cheese from a huge round.

Let me put it this way – it’s a good thing I am walking lots!!

2 comments:

Pat Reynolds said...

The food sounds yummy, better do lots of walking. Wishing you all a wonderful trip. Luv Pat & Larry

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that food sounds absolutely delicious Angela, I would have to walk a lot every day eating that for sure.