Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Frogs?

A distinct feature of our little prefab is frogs.

And no, that’s not slang for something else.

I mean little, well not so little some cases, green-spotted, jumpy frogs.

The first run in came when I was in the shower on the first day. I wasn’t wearing my glasses and something moved across the floor to hide behind the toilet. My first thought was it was the largest cockroach I had ever seen. I almost died. I finished my shower in record time.

With my glasses on, I could see that the intruder was far cuter than a bug.

I coaxed the frog into our garbage container and left him outside.

But, we’ve had more. It must have partially to do with the rainy season and partially to do with my luck, but we’ve had three pet frogs since our arrival.

Two were released, but the third hiding beneath the bed and that’s where he’ll stay, at least until the housekeepers find him.

2 comments:

Pagé said...

eeks!

wickedconsuelo said...

I love frogs!! I have caught some for our pond...they seem to like it... When I get startled I pee...could be age related or just a nervous bladder. Lucky for you you were in the shower. Oh, not implying that you might do the same, but if you do it sure was lucky you were where you were!!;)