Sunday, July 25, 2010

Spiders

My room is starting to look like a scene from the movie Arachnophobia.
Let me rephrase that, my room is starting to look like what I would imagine a scene in Arachnophobia to look like – I would not actually be able to sit through that movie.
Point being it started with a rather larger spider on the floor under my bed, who was too fast for me to catch and too big for me to kill.
Now I’ve got two other ones hanging out on the wall just outside my mosquito net and there is at least one near my roommates bed.
I’m not even going to mention the number in the bathroom.
Blah.
Spiders, I hate spiders. Why did it have to be spiders.
I’m very glad for my mosquito net, hopefully it will continue to keep the spiders at bay and there will be no more.

…. Update.
One has disappeared.
The only thing worse than seeing several spiders is knowing they are around, but not seeing them.

2 comments:

Donna said...

I agree. When I was in Belize I would count them every night in the "kitchen". As long as the count stayed the same, and they satyed on their side and I stayed on mine, all was good.

Unknown said...

grossest (and one of the largest) spiders I ever saw was in northern Uganda. Who knew it was such bad spider territory up that way??