Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A moment of perfect happiness

Today is a good day to be in Uganda.

The temperature is nearing perfect, the sun is out, flowers are in bloom (after our recent rain storms) so the air is filled with the scents of frangipanis, and the city is packed again after a quiet Easter weekend.

As my boda passed along the Kololo airstrip, I had a perfect view of the downtown core, and the other six hills that Kampala is built on.

I could see the green domes of the Kibuli Mosque, the red bricks of Namirembe Cathedral, the blue windows of Crested Towers, and the city suburbs as they spread between the hills and into the horizon.

The only clouds were the light, fluffy ones, without the threat of rain.

I only have one thought.

I love this place.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

*sigh* You're never coming back...are you?!